The new ModuleStudio version 0.6.2 is based on Eclipse 4.4 (Luna) and contains a number of bugfixes. Also a few new features made it into this release:
DSL / Modeling language changes
- A new generator setting allows defining a model as system module (#596).
- Added new options in the model editor allowing specifying additional validation constraints available in Symfony 2.4.x and 2.5.0 (#516, #606).
- Added new DSL property (onAccountDeletion) to entities and user fields to allow control over how an app should react when users are deleted (#284).
- A new dbName property for entity fields allows different naming for field and database column (#489).
- Array fields can be configured as array, simple array and json array for 1.4.0 (#488).
- Added new generator setting for marking generating files with special file names (*.generated.*) (#497).
- The following obsolete properties have been removed from the DSL: Application#modelPath, Application#targetCoreVersion, DerivedField#leading.
- All frontend functions have been converted from Prototype to jQuery and Bootstrap for Zikula 1.4.0 (#238).
- Applications for Zikula 1.4.0 dispatch custom Symfony2 events, see generated FooEvents class (#568).
- Added basic support for cache annotations for 1.4.0 apps (#567).
- Structure of entity classes has been refactored for 1.4.0 to allow easier overriding from outside of the module using service parameters (#565).
- Display and delete actions use the ParamConverter annotation for object selection in 1.4.0 (#563).
- If no filters are set the current page of paginated views is remembered from session (#548).
- Applications for 1.4.0 support Monolog logger as well as Symfony components Filesystem and Finder (#546).
- Changed generated event subscribers for 1.4.0. Removed support for obsolete events, added support for Symfony kernel events (#544).
- Applications for Zikula 1.4.0 use Symfony's dependency injection container now (#535).
- The routing in 1.4.0 modules has been converted to Symfony using annotations. This replaces the url route classes and encodeurl/decodeurl methods generated before (#465, #604).
- Controller structure has been reorganised: now there exists one controller for each entity. This has been done for preparing migration to Symfony routing, but also makes controller methods more precise and easier to customise by overriding (#465).
- In 1.4.0 the Symfony validator component is used with annotations instead of self-written validation methods (#516).
- Added ics (iCalendar) templates for entities with start and end dates (#509).
- Migrated search integration to new helper class in 1.4.0 (#503).
- User avatars are displayed at appropriate places (#607).
- Entities with another workflow than NONE allow selecting user groups for moderation in the generated configuration page. Email notifications are sent between creator and moderators on state changes (#570).
- In 1.4.0 status messages are not with LogUtil realised anymore, but using Symfony FlashBags (#512).
- Client-side geocoding now uses a callback function to make customisation easier inside edit templates (#507).
- Lots of generator updates and bugfixes (for details on most changes see closed tickets on Github).
You are recommended to upgrade to MOST 0.6.2 as soon as possible. Depending on the target core version you need either the latest Git version of Zikula 1.4.0 (1.4 branch) or Zikula 1.3.8.