Keyboard shortcuts in all editors
- F1 - Open the help system.
- Ctrl + E - Display a filterable list of open editors to get direct access to an editor.
- Ctrl + Shift + E - Display the Switch to Editor dialog.
Ctrl + F6 - Display a list of open editors.
- Ctrl + PgUp / Ctrl + PgDown - Navigate to previous / next editor tab.
- Alt + ← and Alt + → - Go to previous or next edit positions from the editor history list. On Mac use Alt + Cmd instead of Alt only.
- Ctrl + A - Select all.
- Ctrl + Z - Undo last action. On Mac use Cmd + Z.
- Ctrl + Y - Redo last action. On Linux use Ctrl + Shift + Z. On Mac use Shift + Cmd + Z.
- Ctrl + S - Save.
- Ctrl + Shift + S - Save all.
- Ctrl + O - Show quick outline. On Mac use Cmd + O.
Keyboard shortcuts in diagram editors
- Tab - Cycle between shapes on the diagram from left to right.
- Shift + Tab - Cycle between shapes on the diagram from right to left.
- Ctrl + Arrows - Navigate between shapes on the diagram.
- Alt + Down - Navigate into a container.
- Alt + Up - Navigate out of a container.
- / - Navigate clockwise among the existing edges.
- \ - Navigate counter-clockwise among the existing edges.
- Shift + Arrows - Select in sequence. Hold down Shift, use navigation keys to select additional components.
- Shift + Mouse - Select additionally. Hold down Shift, click on the elements to select.
- Ctrl + Arrow + Space - Select multiple. Hold down Ctrl, use navigation keys to navigate to additional components, press Space to select additional components.
- Ctrl + Space - Deselect the selected shape/edge by showing the shape/edge in an outline.
- Esc - Select diagram. Deselects all other previous selections.
- F2 - Direct edit of selected element.
- F5 - Refresh. Force an update of the diagram according to the latest version of the semantic model.
- Ctrl + C - Copy semantic element into clipboard. On Mac use Cmd + C.
- Ctrl + V - Paste semantic element from clipboard. On Mac use Cmd + V.
- Ctrl + Shift + Alt + C - Copy layout.
- Ctrl + Shift + Alt + V - Paste layout.
- Ctrl + H - Hide element.
- Ctrl + L - Hide label. On Mac use Cmd + L.
- Ctrl + Shift + L - Show label. On Mac use Cmd + Shift + L.
- Arrows - Move shape.
- . - Cycle on element handles. Cycle on position handle / 8 side and corner size handles / position handle. Clockwise rotation.
- . - Cycle through edge points. Cycle through the end-points, bend-points, and mid-points of a connection. Clockwise rotation.
- Ctrl + Shift + - - Manage edge. Remove all the bend-points to retrieve an original straight edge. On Mac use Cmd + Shift + -.
- . + Mouse - Move a component. Cycle once to the move handle using the period key ( .), use navigation keys to move, press Enter to accept new location or press Escape to cancel the move.
- Shift + Mouse - Constrain the move by snapping the shape to the grid.
- Alt + Mouse - Move without snap. This allows to ignore the snap while dragging a shape. On Mac use Ctrl + Mouse.
- . + Resize - Resize a component. Cycle to desired resize handle using the period key ( .), use navigation keys to resize, press Enter to accept new size or press Escape to cancel the resize.
- Ctrl + Resize - Centered resize. Expands the shape on both opposite sides. On Mac use Alt + Resize.
- Shift + Resize - Resize that keeps the ratio.
- Alt + Resize - Resize without snap. Temporarily disables the snap during the resize if it is activated. On Mac use Ctrl + Resize.
- F3 + Resize - Resize container keeping children relative. When the shape is resized using the left and/or top border, the children (contained nodes for container and border nodes for all shapes) are moved with the border.
- F4 + Resize - Resize with snap to all shapes.
- Ctrl + & - Reset diagram. The diagram can have a negative origin or can be shifted toward the bottom-right with a blank zone at the top-left. This action aims to move all diagram elements to retrieve its origin while keeping the element layout. On Mac use Cmd + &.
- Ctrl + = - Zoom in.
- Ctrl + - - Zoom out.
- Space + Mouse - Pan when zoomed in. Hold down Space and drag the mouse.
- Ctrl + Shift + Arrows - Scroll in diagram.
- Shift + F10 - Invokes the context menu for the shape.
- Space or Enter - Collapse or expand the selected group.
- Space or Enter - Select tool.
- Alt + Space - Stack popup list appears.
- Up or Down - Navigate between group and tools.
- Ctrl + Mouse - Multiple additions. Select a palette tool for element creation and keep Ctrl pressed ( Alt on Mac). Now you can use multiple mouse clicks for creating multiple elements without having to reselect the palette tool.
Embedded textual editor
- Almost all shortcuts shown below.
- Ctrl + Enter - Save and close.
- Esc - Cancel and close.
Keyboard shortcuts in textual editors
The following list shows some basic commands which might be helpful when using the textual editors.
- Alt + Up and Alt + Down - Move current line or selection one line up / down.
- Alt + Left and Alt + Right - Go back / forward in the history of editors.
- Alt + Shift + Up and Alt + Shift + Down - Expand selection to containing element.
- Alt + Shift + R - Rename current element as well as all other occurences.
- F3 or Ctrl + MouseClick - Follow reference under cursor.
- Ctrl + Up and Ctrl + Down - Scroll one line up / down.
- Ctrl + 0 - Pop up outline for easy navigation and filtering.
- Ctrl + 1 - Quick fix of errors.
- Ctrl + Shift + C - Single line comment/uncomment.
- Ctrl + Shift + / and Ctrl + Shift + \ - Block comment/uncomment.
- Ctrl + / - Toggle comment for line or selection.
- Ctrl + Space - Start content assist suggesting possible values.
- Ctrl + D - Delete current line.
- Ctrl + L - Go to a certain line.
- Ctrl + M - Maximise current editor window.
- Ctrl + W - Close current editor tab.
- Ctrl + Q - Go to last edit location.
- Ctrl + Shift + F - Start the source code formatter.
- Ctrl + Shift + G - Find references to current element.
- Ctrl + Shift + F3 - Locate a certain element.
- Ctrl + , and Ctrl + . - Navigate between markers in the current editor.
- Ctrl + J - Incremental find. Note: Just press Ctrl + J and start typing the search text. Eclipse finds and highlights the next match as you type. Use Up or Down Arrow keys to jump to the next or previous match.
- Ctrl + L - Go to line from editor.
- Ctrl + Q - Go to last edit location.
- Ctrl + Shift + P - Navigate to matching bracket/brace.
- Ctrl + X - Cut selected text into clipboard. On Mac use Cmd + X.
- Ctrl + C - Copy selected text into clipboard. On Mac use Cmd + C.
- Ctrl + V - Paste text from clipboard. On Mac use Cmd + V.