One day after the release of Zikula 3.0.0 ModuleStudio version 1.4.0 is now available as well.
The most important change is certainly the extensive support for Zikula 3, along with some new features that are exclusively supported on Symfony 5 and Twig 3 only; the generator ignores them if an application is created for an earlier Zikula version.
The following brief overview is limited to the most important new features in ModuleStudio 1.4.0:
- Added target core versions for Zikula Core 3.0.x.
- Added possibility to define arbitrary field units for integer, number and string fields.
counterflag to integer fields to provide view counter functionality.
- Obsolete data can now not only be archived, but also deleted if desired.
- Added new string field roles for weeks, icon pickers and hostnames.
- Added support for map views showing a list of markers for multiple geographical entities.
- Added generated configuration option for private mode extending
ownerPermissionsetting for viewing data.
- The finder component can now dynamically switch languages to insert links in another language into editors.
- Show information about last editor in workflow notification emails (of entities with standard fields) for moderators.
- Added permission helper, providing a centralised app-specific permission check layer and encapsulating enhanced functionalities, like permission inheritance and category permission checks.
- Added more relation-based filter dropdowns to quick navigation.
- Improved usability for quick navigation forms (reset button, automatic submission after 5 seconds).
- Select collections without joins by default for improved performance.
- View page actions / navigation links are now handled by
- Zikula 3 only: use scalar typehints; added support for autowiring and autoconfiguration.
- Zikula 3 only: support localisation of countries, currencies, languages, locales and timezones in both forms and display.
- Zikula 3 only: added support for Doctrine types
- Zikula 3 only: several validation extensions (BIC and IBAN pairs, “UATP” credit cards, timezones, different validation modes for emails).
Since the last release was more than a year and a half ago, ModuleStudio 1.4.0 contains numerous further innovations and bugfixes. As always, all details can be seen in the changelog.